Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chubby Muffins and Rushing around

So between running back and forth from the store to home to the store, I decided to take a minute to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I have a flight to catch tomorrow evening at 8 and it will be the only time I'll see my family before christmas. Unfortunately, this means I have to have all their christmas gifts bought, wrapped and packed. My partner and I have been crazy busy with work, school and other events, so our house is... a little upside down. And on top of that, we decided we needed to get and decorate a tree before I left. So three trips to and from the store, and thirty dollars later, it stands hunched over in the corner of my living room, slightly too large for our small apartment, its trunk too large for the stand we bought, and surrounded, as far as the eye can see, by needles. They cover pretty much every single inch of my floor. Oh, brother.
Even though I've done all these things in my life... getting christmas trees, carving pumpkins... all the traditions we've kept to, somehow they seem to go smoother when you have your parents guiding you along. Not that I'm complaining. It really, really, really is my tree.

Secondly, the muffins. I'm a big fan of muffins for breakfast and I often make home-made ones with pieces of apples or peaches and cinnamon, but lately, as I said, we've been busy. So I decided I should pick up some muffins. Brandon, my partner, has a bit of a sweet tooth, so he opted for the chocolate chip ones over the bran. Well, only because I wouldn't let him buy double chocolate variety. Anyway, We got the big Superstore kind... Similar to the ones they have at Costco. They taste really great and they're even baked in the store!! Great deal.
So later, after eating two of them for breakfast, I was sitting reading and Brandon approached me, laughing.
"Don't read the nutrition information on those muffins," He told me.
I looked up. "What?"
"Just don't," He said, still laughing.
I had already expected they wouldnt be low calorie, but now I was curious.
"How many calories?" I asked. He looked at me seriously and swallowed.
"Seven Hundred and Ninety".
Need I say more?




No comments:

Post a Comment