Saturday, February 12, 2011

News and such

Its been a while since I've had the focus to post on here.
My trip to Vancouver, when I was supposed to go to the Seattle Symphony Orchestra, turned out to be a little bit of a disaster. My whole family had gone through a really bad stomach flu just before I arrived, and gave it to Brandon and I the night before the symphony. So no front row seats, or wearing my gorgeous dress or any of that. Just puking.
New years eve was not quite as bad, but also fairly uneventful. We spent it with my friends Nikky and Alex, and played some serious cards. I forgot to kiss Brandon at midnight, and there was a serious lack of champagne. But oh, well, we had fun none-the-less.
We returned home after the monumental disappointment of missing the symphony, and resumed finishing up the end of semester.
I was pretty calm about exams, which is unusual for me. I hardly studied at all, but I felt that I did alright. It took me just short of 3 hours to finish the Chemistry 11 exam, though: it felt like years.
The new semester is about two weeks in now, and I have started a different approach. I'm not saying that conventional schooling is bad or what not, it just wasn't working for me. If I had been in a different situation or... maybe a different life, things would have been different. But as the situation was, I was feeling extremely stressed out all the time, and I just couldn't take it any longer. I decided to finish all the rest of my courses online as I had planning 10, and so that is what I'm working on now.
The year before last, I more or less took a year off to travel to the Dominican Republic. It put me behind in school, and as much as I wish the opportunity had come at a different time in my life (Like when I wasn't supposed to be attending high school), if I could go back, I still wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Having said that, it has put me about four credits behind, and so I have a fair amount of catching up to do if I want to graduate this year.
I'm currently enrolled in English 10 (long story, but I finished english 11 before english 10), foods 12 and P.E. 12. I'm enjoying staying at home and being able to work at my own pace. [:

I just got back from a week-long trip to Vancouver. While there, I was able to take a trip across to the island, where I got to visit with my friend Colton who just moved there. We also got to take my nephew, Mylo, to the underwater gardens, which was probably the most exciting thing in the entire world for him at the time. He also enjoyed the ferry ride !
A lovely photo of colton and I in which he looks serene and I look like I have some sort of retardation.
Beautiful baby playing
This photo is funny because the kid he's acquainting himself with is almost three, and Mylo is only a year and a half. He's so huge!
GAMPAA!
~
Brandon greeted me when I got back with beautiful white carnations, which was a great end to the week.
Unfortunately I had unknowingly booked my trip during carnival week and missed the parade and a whole host of other events. However, last night we were able to catch the tail-end of the celebration, and we went to a free couples jive lesson at cheek to cheek dance studio. I'm a terrible dancer, but we were able to pick up the basic moves pretty well, and it was a great time. Apparently they have dances every sunday for $10.00 a person, and all the proceeds go to charity. Who would have known! I'm pretty excited about it, because I've always wanted to take dance lessons, and now I know where to go. [:

Thats about all for now
Take care, anyone who's reading!
Aurianna

No comments:

Post a Comment