Thursday, December 23, 2010

The last few days

This Blog post comes to you in 3 parts.
Part one: Vancouver:
My weekend in Vancouver was crazily busy. I went from visiting one person to another without really breathing -never mind sleeping- in between.
It was nice to see my friends and family.. My Grandma, my friend Alex and I did some baking. We made cranberry white chocolate shortbread and ginger snaps. The ginger snaps were a bit more exciting, because when I added the baking soda, the mixture of molasses bubbled up everywhere on
to my grandma
's floor. Yikes.
However, with a little coaching from Grandma, we managed to do it the second time, and the ginger snaps weren't too bad at all.

Part two: Voodo baby + Nails + Thankyou Olivia <3
While I was away, I got to see Olivia, a friend of mine that I met at PSYL, a program I went to in the summer. I gave her a christmas present, and she gave me one too! She gave me a necklace, some nail stickers, A sparkly hairbru
sh and a voodoo baby.
If you don't know what voo
doo babies are, you should probably learn, because they're extremely adorable.
They're a fairly recent asian trend. Also, they cost like $12.00 each. I can't believe you spent that much money on me Olivia!










This is my voodoo baby. She's a christmas kitty. I like her because she's original. [:














I also decided to do my nails with the nail stickers olivia gave me. They turned out pretty nice. Very sparkly.






















Part 3: Sick
When I arrived home on the 20th, around 9:30am, I was pretty much exhausted, and so was Brandon. He'd been working the whole weekend and was really tired, so we both decided to have a nap. At 9:00pm, he surprised me by taking me to some dark residential street to watch the total lunar eclipse that happened that night. We sat on the hood of his car and watched the moon disappear and turn a deep purply red car. And for a while, I forgot that it was around minus five. And then I remembered, and we left.
The morning after, I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose, which quickly escalated to a running nose and a burning throat, and has resulted, today, in a monsoon nose and fiery throat. Hurray.
Nothing like a snotty christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment